Barnes shortlisted in The Great British High Street competition

Barnes shortlisted in The Great British High Street competition

Our Barbed showroom in Barnes has been a staple of the high street for many years, and we’re incredibly proud of the innovation and community spirit within the area. Furthermore, Barnes High Street will be the first high street in the UK to implement the ‘8 growth drivers’ from the High Street Manifesto 2018 that was released by the campaign group a little earlier in the year, and a pilot project that ran from September 2017 - March 2018 helped modernise and digitalise a number of local businesses.

Barnes rewarded for its innovative approach

This drive and ambition to embrace a forward-thinking and heavily digitalised world has now been rewarded as Barnes has been shortlisted in The Great British High Street competition - an exciting national competition that is held in high regard and receives hundreds of entries from all corners of the UK.

Barnes is one of three in England to have been shortlisted in the rising star awards category, and we are the only London village! This is testament to the fantastic work that is going on here in Barnes with an aim to support, empower and grow the shopping areas within the village.

Winning this competition would bring fantastic benefits to Barnes, with kudos for our entire business community and an opportunity to really put our wonderful shopping village on the map.

The awards will be scored by a panel of judges who will assess the entries against four pillars of success: Community, Customer Experience, Environment and Digital Transformation.

The judges will make up 70% of the scores, and the remaining 30% will come from social media support.

For this reason, we urge you to get on board and show your support for Barnes!

Register by using #MYHIGHTSTREET and #GBHSBarnes on social media

To do so, all you need to do is post on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtags #MYHIGHSTREET and #GBHSBarnes and this will register your vote.

So please get voting!

28th September 2018

Back to news